So when you actually thought it can’t get any better with the Ion guns they pull this thing out. I now present you the upgraded version of the Ion Pro. Same gun on the inside but definitely better looking on the outside. And after all the things you know about the Ion about the accuracy, speed and reliability the gun gets a complete 10 on the scale. So if you’ve ever intended buying an Ion Pro you should check this one first. Features:
• 17 balls per second semi-auto rate of fire with 3 shot burst, full auto and our Rebound firing mode.
• Break-beam Vision Anti-Chop System Reliable and durable, the eyes are mounted on a separate board for perfect alignment and not affected by paint or body color. *Reliability The Ion was engineered to stand up to the demands of professional players. It will outlast what used to be considered high-end and won’t break down the minute you get it home.
• Improved Ball Detents Approximately 10 times the service life of current detents.
• Great Efficiency Expect a reliable 1000-1400 shots from a 68ci, 4500psi bottle without any modifications.
• Accuracy & Range The trademarks you expect from Smart Parts.
• Body Kits A first for paintball. High-quality aluminum internals are protected by composite shells, allowing you to instantly change the color or look of your body. Tired of blue? Switch to red. Or black. Or yellow. And there are more body styles in the works.
• Feed Tube with O-Ring Seals Fits a wider range of hoppers than most guns in this price range.
• Tools 1/8″ Allen wrench is all you need for primary disassembly–and it’s included, along with trigger and velocity adjustment wrenches and a handy parts kit.
• Impulse Threads Take advantage of the barrels and feed tubes you may already have
Those were the basic Ion and here are the actual upgrades:
• Q-Lock Locking Feed Neck (installed)
• Smart Parts Grips (installed)
• Ion MAX’D Special Edition Body
• Shocker Style Mini Drop with Twist On/Off Valve (installed)
• Freak Barrel with Jr. Tip and .693 Insert Freak Jr Back (installed)
Unfortunately weaknesses stay the same…or should I say the weakness is the same…yeah the trigger again. But nothing too complicated to change. And there’s something that’s definitely gonna make your day. If you’ve checked the Ion Pro price you know it’s $279.99 which is great…now as I said the Ion MAX’D is the upgraded version of the Pro it’s normal to think it costs more money because of those upgrades…but it’s not…its price is just the same. And so are the colors: black, red, silver and olive green. So if my advice actually means something…skip the Pro and move directly to the MAX’D.